Being an Australian citizen means that you are eligible for all the privileges as well as benefits provided by Australia. Also, it means that you are committing to Australia’s shared culture. Applying for an Australian citizenship is a formal step of confirming that you are an Australian and are capable to share the responsibility of Australia.
Rights of an Australian citizen:
- Basic rights like right to life, work and safety.
- Economical, as well as social rights like healthcare and housing.
- Civil and political rights like freedom of speech, assembly and religion.
Benefits of an Australian citizen:
- live in Australia
- Can leave and re-enter Australia without any need to apply for resident return visa
- Can work in the public service
- Serve in the armed forces Stand for parliament
Responsibilities of an Australian citizen:
- You must obey the laws of Australia.
- Vote in elections
- Defend Australia
- Value and respect the differences
- Serve on jury duty if called to do so
- You should be loyal to Australia and it’s people
Eligibility for citizenship:
- The person applying should have stayed in Australia for about 4 years in which the person must have spent 12 months as Australian permanent resident.
- They should be more than 16 years.
- Good character is must
- Must know the responsibilities to pass the citizenship test.
- Valid photo ID proof such as driver’s license, passport or national identity card
- Document to prove permanent residency in Australia for at least four years, such as utility bills, bank statements, or medical insurance.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Recent passport-style photographs
To pass the test, a person must need to know about Australia is:
- National symbols
“Sunland Education and Immigration Consultants” provides you the benefits and you can also discover the most reasonable prices to apply for the citizenship of Australia. It also offers you the best service as it holds a great rate of success in past.
605 total views, 1 views today