Dialing code : +357
Currency : Euro
Schengen area :Not a member of Schengen
Population :1.117 million (2011)
Official languages :Greek Language, Turkish Language Government Unitary state, Constitutional republic, Presidential system
Main Foreign Languages : English, French & German
National Bird :Cyprus Warbler
Cyprus, officially the Republic of Cyprus, is an island country in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. Cyprus is the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean, and a member state of the European Union Cyprus is the largest island in the eastern Mediterranean and is situated south of Turkey. The two main mountain ranges are the Pentadactylos in the north and the Troodos in central and south-western part of the island. Between them is the fertile plain of Messaoria.
Cyprus has long been a crossing point between Europe, Asia and Africa and still has many traces of successive civilizations – Roman theaters and villas, Byzantine churches and monasteries, Crusader castles, Ottoman mosques and pre-historic habitats.
The island’s main economic activities are tourism, clothing and craft exports and merchant shipping. Traditional crafts include embroidery, pottery and copperwork.Traditional local dishes include the meze – a selection of appetizers served as a main dish, halloumi/hellim cheese and the zivania schnapps.
The Republic of Cyprus gained its independence from Britain in 1960. Three years later, inter-communal violence between Turkish and Greek Cypriots broke out. Since 1974 the island is de facto divided after a coup d’état supported by the military junta in Greece against the Cypriot President Makarios and the subsequent intervention of the Turkish army. Despite numerous efforts to reunify the country, it remains divided to this day.Cyprus is well known as the island of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty, who, according to legend, was born here.
WE REPRESENT THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITIES / COLLEGES/ INSTITUTIONS IN CYPRUS
- UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA
- CTL EURO COLLEGE
- AMERICAN COLLEGE
- LARNACA COLLEGE
- CASA COLLEGE
- KES COLLEGE
- CYPRUS COLLEGE
The fees structure of the courses available in Cyprus is in the range of EURO 3500 to EURO 6000 p.a. The Candidate have to pay application fees in advance of Approx. EURO 150 to EURO 250.
- Embassy fees is EURO 60.
- Passport copy attested from MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS and should be valid at-least for 2 years.
- Bank statement according to our specification- It should be min 6 – 7 lakhs. The bank closing letter should be on Bank letter head and have specific wording to be written on the same.
- Medical can be done from Registered hospital, according to our / Embassy specification.
- Police clearance certificate from the passport office and should be valid for min 6 months.
- All the Academic Documents, Passport copy , bank letter, Medical, PCC should be attested from Ministry of External affairs and Appostill attestation is compulsory.
- The students has to submit all his Original documents in the embassy at the time of interview.
- Once the visa officer confirms the visa, the student has to pay the fee as in show in offer letter and submit the paid receipt given by the college and collect his/her passport.
- The student must carry 2000 Euros to Cyprus, the immigration will check the Euros at the airport.
The Cyprus High Commission Address :
D64, Malcha Marg, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi – 110021
Students who are enrolled in full time course in a Recognized institutions, are allowed to work 20 Hours per week during Studies and allowed to work full time during vacations.
Disclaimer : We have provided the detailed information according to the best of our knowledge and prevailing norms of the country, which are subject to changes from time to time. For detailed information, Please visit: www.mfa.gov.cy
110 total views, 2 views today