PTE All About
PTE Exam is a completely computer-based English language proficiency test that focuses on international English, not just British or American. This test evaluates the abilities of speaking, writing, and reading skills in the English language of a candidate.
PTE Test Syllabus 2023
PTE test consists of 4 sections in which four kinds of skills are tested. The marks from all sections is considered for final score, therefore each section is equally important in gaining high scores.
PTE Speaking & Writing Section Syllabus
In PTE Academic test, the speaking and writing section will be approximately 54-67 minutes long. And candidates can expect seven different question types in this section. In the entire test, the speaking and writing section is the longest. This section tests the basic English speaking and writing abilities which they may hear in day-to-day life.
Here is the PTE Speaking & Writing section pattern.
- Personal Introduction: 55 seconds [25 seconds for prompt, 30 seconds to record]
- Read Alound: [30-40 seconds to prepare & read 60 words]
- Repeat the Sentence: 15 sec [3-9 seconds for prompt and 15 seconds to record]
- Describe Image: 25 seconds
- Re-tell Lecture: 40 seconds to answer [90 seconds of prompt and 10 seconds to prepare]
- Answer Short Question: 20 seconds [3-9 seconds, 10 seconds to answer]
- Summarize the Written Text: 10 minutes [prompt of 300 words]
- Essay: 20 minutes: 20 minutes [prompt of 2-3 sentences]
PTE reading Section Syllabus
PTE Reading section’s duration is 29-30 minutes with five different question types.
Here is the PTE Reading section pattern
- Reading & Writing – Fill in the blanks – Read 300 words of text
- Multiple choice, multiple Answer – Read 300 words of text
- Re-order the paragraphs – Read 150 words of text
- Reading, Fill in the blanks – Read 80 words of text
- Multiple choice, Single Answer – Read 300 words of text
PTE Listening Section Syllabus
PTE listening section takes 30-43 minutes long and it tests the candidate’s ability of understanding spoken English and retains what they heard. You must hear the audio carefully and answer. This particular section has 8 different question types. Check out the below pattern of the PTE Listening section.
- Summarize Spoken Text: 50-70 words; 60-90 seconds to retain and 10 minutes to write
- Multiple choice, Multiple Answer: 40-90 seconds for prompt
- Fill in the blanks: 30-60 seconds
- Highlight Correct Summary: 30-90 seconds
- Multiple choice, Single answer: 30-60 seconds
- Select missing Word: 20-70 seconds
- Highlight incorrect words: 15-50 seconds
- Dictation: 3-5 seconds
PTE Exam Pattern
PTE – Pearson Test of English is a 2 hours 15 minutes long test. And its pattern is as follows.
- Speaking & Writing Section: 54-67 minutes.
- Reading Section: 29-30 minutes.
- Listening Section: 30-43 minutes.
PTE Academic eligibility criteria
|Minimum age required for PTE Academic||16 years|
|Parental consent is needed for||Below 18 years of age|
|Maximum age||No age bar|
Latest Updates for PTE Academic Exam
This section would cover any latest developments revolving around the PTE Exam for the benefit of students who are planning to appear for their PTE Academic exam.
PTE Exam Fees to cost 15,900
February 2023: Candidates wanting to appear for the PTE exam would be required to shell out 15,900 Candidates should note that this amount is inclusive of 18% tax. While the base fee for the PTE exam fee has been fixed at INR 13,038. An additional 18% tax of INR 2,862brings the total PTE cost to 15,900 for Indian candidates.
“Sunland education and Immigration consultants” prepare students to something big in their lives by focusing on their dreams. Moreover, we assist you getting the right and proper coaching for PTE to get eligible to your favourite destination.
131 total views, 6 views today