America Spouse Visa

America Spouse Visa

America Spouse Visa

In order to move permanently to America, a person can apply for Spouse visa if the person’s partner is a citizen of America. They should have been together in a long term committed relationship. Applying for a spouse visa will also give a lot of benefits to the person applying for it.

Who is considered as spouse in America

  • Only living together does not qualify a marriage for immigration.
  • Common-law spouses may qualify as spouses for immigration purposes depending on the laws of the country where the common-law marriage occurs.
  • In cases of polygamy (when a person marries more than one person), only the first spouse may qualify as a spouse for immigration.

Note: Only same- sex marriage is applicable for this.

Eligibility for US spouse visa:

  • You must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Should have a residence in the U.S.

Types of spouse visa in America:

  1. IR1 or CR1
  2. K- 3
Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1)-Form 130 is required: Non- immigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen:

If you are officially wed to your foreign spouse, you may refer to them as your spouse. In the case of polygamy, only the first spouse may be eligible for immigration. Depending on the regulations of the nation where the common- law marriage takes place, common- law spouses may be considered spouses for immigration purposes.

The petition for an alien relative, Form I-130, and the petition for an alien fiancé(e), Form I-129F, must be submitted and the visa must be issued in the nation where the marriage took place. Once the visa has been issued, the spouse may enter the United States while the immigrant visa IR1 or CR1 is being processed.


Documents required:

  • Passport & travel history
  • Background documentation
  • Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
  • Extensive evidence of relationship including photos
  • Other proof of relationship
  • Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
  • Completed application & consulate fees
  • English language skills
  • If calling your child, they must be under the age of 18 at the time of application


If you need any assistance, contact “Sunland education and immigration consultants”. Proper guidance and best affordable services will be provided. It also has a successful rate in the past.


Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants
Open chat
Need help?
How can we help you?