Subclass 476 Skilled—Recognised Graduate visa

Nothing can be more fascinating for an engineering graduate than getting an employment opportunity in a country that is known for best culture, best wages and a high standard of living.

And one of the most popular pathways that provide this opportunity is Australia’s Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa.

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa – An Overview

The skilled recognized graduate visa (subclass 476) is a temporary visa for fresh engineering graduates from recognized institutions. The visa provides the right to work in Australia and be eligible for permanent residency or a provisional skilled visa.

If you’re a recent university engineering graduate then you may be eligible for the Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visa (476).

This 18-month visa is ideal for engineering graduates who want to experience life in Australia. You have full work rights and can choose your own employer.

Registered Migration Agent (MARA) In Australia

We are proud to have guided thousands of applicants for their education abroad and career paths, We have helped them to attain education from world-recognized institutes. Our PR Panel Expert Mrs. Anisha Gupta is the best MARA agent in India (MARA). 

Registered Migration Agent (MARA), Australia bearing Marn No. 0954994.

Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)


AGE: You must be under 31 years of age
QUALIFICATION: You must hold a recognized qualification (Bachelor degree, Masters degree, Doctoral degree or Post Graduate Diploma)
DATE OF GRADUATION: You must have completed your qualification in the past 24 months
INSTITUTION: You must have completed your qualification at a recognized university. There are hundreds of universities eligible under this program. The link of the universities, who are approved by NBA

National Board of Accreditation

ENGINEERING MAJOR: You must have a major area of study in one of these engineering fields:

  • Civil engineering
  • Structural engineering
  • Chemical engineering
  • Environmental engineering
  • Electrical and electronics engineering
  • Mechanical, production and plant engineering
  • Mining and material engineering

You may need to sit an English test. We help our clients by sharing hints and tips for undertaking this test. You must have evidence of any of the specified English language tests.

  • The overall score of 50 in the Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum score of 36 in each of four components
  • A band score of 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5 in each of the four components
  • equivalent score in TOEFL iBT or an OET or in CAE
Family Members

The eligible family members to include in the visa application are:

  • Your spouse
  • Your or your partner’s child/stepchild

Character Requirements

You must have a police certificate that proves you with no criminal conviction in the last 10 years.

You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.

Qualified engineers are in high demand across Australia. There are over 18 professional engineering occupations on Australia’s Skilled Occupation List. You may be eligible to apply for an Australian Permanent Residency whilst on your Subclass 476 visa.


Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants
Open chat
Need help?
How can we help you?