CANADA STUDENT VISA
This study permit is issued to students when they arrive in Canada. However, to get there, a student must first apply for a Temporary Resident Visa which is provided by the Canadian High Commission and facilitated by the Visa Application Centers.
What is a Study Permit?
A study permit is a document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities that serves as permission for foreign students to study in Canada. International students cannot study in Canada without getting a valid study permit. Apart from this, students who get a study permit are allowed to enroll only in Designated Learning Institutions.
Eligibility criteria for Canada Student Visa
To be Eligible for Canada Student Visa, you need to fulfil following formalities :-
- The Candidate need to be atleast 17 years of Age and should have atleast passed Senior Secondary (12th) before applying for Student visa.
- The Student Visa Applicant should Accepted by DLI Holder College / Universities (Designated Learning Institution).
- The Student Visa Applicant need to pay 1 year Tuition fees and 1 year Living Expenses to the tune of CAD 10,000 by opening an GIC Account in either Scotia Bank , ICICI bank, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC Bank of Canada, RBC Royal Bank, SBI Canada etc
- The Candidate have to undergo Medical Examination from the Empanelled Doctors to get medical Clearance before applying for Studying Visa.
Which Documents are required for Canadian Student Visa?
The Student Visa applicant can apply for Student visa after the candidate got the following Documents :-
- Valid Offer letter issued by DLI (Designated Learning Institution) in Canada. The DLI number should be mentioned on the Offer letter / Letter of Acceptance.
- Fees receipt i.e 1 year fees payment proof and Proof of Acceptance issued by College i.e DLI (Designated Learning Institution) in Canada. But If you are accepted by DLI in Quebec, then student visa applicant need CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate) from Quebec Govt before applying for Student visa of Canada.
- GIC (Guaranteed Investment Cover) receipt i.e. CAD 10000 bank statement issued by Canadian Bank, where the GIC Account is opened.
But if you are applying to College in Quebec, then the GIC amount should be CAD 11000.
- Valid Passport means that passport must be valid during the period of stay in Canada. The candidate need only BIO-DATE page i.e Front and Last page of the Passport.
- All Educational Documents – From 10th Onward upto latest qualifications. The All Educational documents should be Notarised Attested.
- Photograph – Must be recent Photograph and size should be atleast 35mmX45mm and should not be 6 months old. For Online application, the size of the photo should not be more than 4 MB and it should be in jpeg / pdf format.
- Immigration Medical Examination – The Medical Examination Certificate issued by Empanelled Doctors. The Canadian Government always want that the International student must undergo Immigration Medical Examination from empanelled doctors before applying for student visa. The Doctor will conduct Chest X-Ray and laboratory tests, and once all is done, the doctor will send the report directly to CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) and also issue the e-Tracking sheet to the student visa applicant, which will be included in Canada student visa application file. The medical report is totally confidential and will be sent directly by Empanelled doctors to CIC.
- English Language Proficiency Score – The Student Visa Applicant must have passed IELTS / TOFEL/ PTE examination before applying for Student Visa.
FOR 12TH PASS STUDENT VISA APPLICANT
The Academic IELTS Score should be atleast 6 Bands in each module and Overall score should always be 6 Bands for the 12th Pass Applicant.
The PTE Score for 12th Pass Applicant should be atleast 51 in each module and also the same should be in Overall score i.e 51
The TOEFL Score for 12th Pass Applicant should be atleast 233 in each module and also the same should be in Overall score i.e 233
FOR GRADUATE CANDIDATES
But if the candidate is Gradudate and wish to go on a student visa, then his / her IELTS score should be Atleast 6 bands in each module and Overall score shouldnot be less than 6.5 Bands.
The PTE score should be atleast 51 in each module and the Overall score should be atleast 59.
The TOEFL score for Computer Based Exam in each module should be atleast 213 and the overall score should be atleast 233.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Its very important and crucial for the student visa applicant. In the statement of purpose, the Student visa Applicant need to explain following points :-
- Explain About Yourself and your family.
- Explain your studies completed and year of completion with % age scored in each class.
- Your score in IELTS / PTE / TOEFL
- If you have Experience, then you have to mention your Designation, Years of Experience and your Task & Duties performed during job.
- Explain about the Course you wish to take in Canada and how this course is relevant to your previous studies? Explain about the country, wheather and there education policy etc.?
- Explain what you will gain after completion of your studies and what are your future plans?
- Explain why not this studies cant be completed in your home country or any other country. Also explain Cost benefit Analysis or Return on Investment (ROI) etc?
- Explain also what type of jobs you will get after completion of studies?
10.INCOME TAX RETURNS
The Student must provide following documents to be attached with Student visa application file :-
a). 2 years Income tax Returns of the parents
b). PAN Card / Aadhar card Copy of the parents
- Credit Card
In case you are making an online application, you would also require a credit card to pay the application fee. The Student Visa Application Fee for Canada is CAD $150 and CAD $85 for Bio-Metric and this Bio-Metric fees is payable once in 10 years.
Please remember that the system only accepts credit cards i.e. Visa / Master’s Card and not debit cards. Also, it is not necessary that it is your credit card. You can use your parent’s cards / Friends / Any relative Credit card as well, provided you have the explicit permission to do so.
The following information is need from the student visa applicant for filing his student visa application with CIC :-
- Visa Type – Master / Visa card
- Card Holder Name –
- Card Number – _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- Valid from – _ _/_ _ valid thru _ _ / _ _
- CVV number – Its 3 digit number on the back side of Card
Please note that as the student is paying fees from the Visa / Master Card and its being International Transaction, so no OTP Code will be generated by Visa / Master card companies. The candidate will come to know, when the amount is debited from the card holder account.
Apart from the above, if applying online, you would need access to a digital scanner. However, if you are applying offline, you should have true copies of all the above-mentioned documents. It is important to note that while applying online, you would be required to download a few documents, fill them, print them, sign them and then upload them. Accordingly, the availability of the scanner must be arranged. The system also allows you to upload a good quality digital image. We, however, recommend a scanner to a camera.
1,714 total views, 3 views today