Italy Spouse Visa
In order to move permanently to Italy, a person can apply for Spouse visa if the person’s partner is a citizen of Italy. They should have been together in a long term committed relationship. Applying for a spouse visa will also give a lot of benefits to the person applying for it.
Who can apply for it?
To bring a spouse to Italy, a person can apply for Family reunion visa. Any non-European resident in Italy who has a work visa for a minimum of 1 year, self-employment visa, student visa or is a permanent resident can apply to bring their non-European spouse to Italy.
- You must be registered as a resident in Italy
- You’ve to meet the financial criteria
You’ve to meet the accommodation criteria
To bring a spouse on the Italy family visa, you must earn above the annual social allowance in Italy, which is €5,983.64 as of 2021.
Also, to bring your spouse to Italy, you must earn 0.5 times more than the annual social allowance or €2,991.82.
For a successful Italy family visa application, you need to obtain a housing suitability certificate (certificato di idoneità alloggiativa) that confirms that the house meets the hygiene and size requirements.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE VISA:
1. Preparation of the necessary documentation;
2. Application for the security clearance (so-called ‘nulla osta’) at the competent Police headquarter;
3. Application for the Visa for family reunification at the competent Italian Consulate abroad;
4. Entry in Italy and application, within 8 days, for the residence permit as a family member.
5. Registration of spouse’s fingerprints at the Police headquarter and submission of the original documentation;
6. Issuance of the residence permit.
For the Nulla Osta, provide the following documents and their translated and notarised copies:
- Italian residence permit and an ID/ passport
- Proof of family relationship, e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate
- Proof of sufficient income
- Proof of suitable accommodation in Italy
- Proof of health insurance if the family member is 65+ years
- Financial information to show your family member’s dependence on you
For the visa application the family member needs to submit:
- Visa application form
- A valid passport
- Nulla Osta
- Passport photos
- Receipt of visa fee
- Proof of your family member’s relationship with you
- Flight itinerary
- Criminal history report
TIME TAKEN TO PROCESS VISA:
The application processing time for the Italy family reunification visa is approximately 3 weeks to 6 months.
The best and affordable services of visa application are provided at “Sunland Education and immigration consultants”. It also helps you to grasp the assistance of the best consultants.
2,959 total views, 5 views today