Expert PTE Coaching Services In Chandigarh
Pearson Test of English(PTE) is an English proficiency test that is becoming increasingly popular among students, similar to IELTS. Anyone who wishes to appear for this test and needs guidance to secure a good score can find all the help they need at SUNLAND Education in Chandigarh. Suppose you are currently residing in Chandigarh and want to pursue higher education in a foreign English-speaking country. In that case, you will need to show proof of having a certain level of proficiency in the English language. Luckily, our trainers at SUNLAND EDUCATION will offer Pte Study to help materialize your life-long dream.
PTE Academic – An Overview
PTE Academic is meant to assess the academic English proficiency of students who wish to pursue higher education courses overseas. Trusted by governments, colleges, and universities in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, UK, the USA, Singapore, Ireland, Germany, etc., PTE Academic is among the top tests that offer unbiased proof of a candidate’s English language skills.
The test primarily focuses on day-to-day English, analysing how well the student can effectively understand and communicate in the language. Because it has a multi-grading system, the test offers a holistic understanding of the student’s overall proficiency in the English language.
As PTE scores are widely accepted globally, it has one of the popular English proficiency tests among students. However, there are a few additional reasons for the same. Let’s take a closer look at them.
- Intelligence – Your skills will be evaluated by the computer, making the assessment as fair as possible for the students.
- Plenty of Centres Worldwide – Global testing is offered in more than 295 centres in at least 50 countries across the globe. Because of this reason, students will have the liberty to choose a centre of their choice.
- Unbiased Results – As there would be no human interference during the scoring process, your results will remain unaffected by biases.
- Fast Results – As the PTE exam uses advanced technology, you can expect to get your results in no more than 48 hours after taking the test.
PTE or IELTS – Which Test to Choose?
PTE and IELTS are both popular English proficiency tests that students take when they want to study abroad. While both test results may remain valid for 2 years, there are a few differences between the two tests.
Mode of Examination
PTE is computer-based, and IELTS is both computer and paper-based.
PTE lasts for 2 Hours 15 minutes, and IELTS lasts for around 3 hours.
Pte Study allows you to navigate forward, but you won’t be able to go back to earlier questions later, and IELTS allows you to skip questions and attend to them later.
PTE is entirely scored by a computer, and IELTS has different sections that are auto-marked and marked by IELTS examiners.
Interpretation of PTE Scores
The Global Scale of English (GSE) is used to measure the student’s English language proficiency. The scores range from 10-90 that is evaluated based on the candidate’s Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing abilities.
The interpretation of the PTE scores is as follows
- Expert – You are superlative in using and understanding the English language in both social and academic settings.
- Very Good – You have a good command over the English language but can occasionally make a few errors.
- Good – You understand the language for the most part but can make mistakes from time to time.
- Competent – You comprehend the English language very well in specific contexts.
- Modest – The use of the English language gets hindered in familiar situations because of the lack of understanding and knowledge.
- Limited – You understand the English language in general but deal with frequent breakdowns during communication.
- Extremely Limited – You experience significant difficulty in understanding written and spoken English.
523 total views, 1 views today