STRUCTURE OF PTE
The PTE ( Pearson test of English) comprises of four modules namely:
- SPEAKING AND WRITING MODULE: The duration of speaking & writing is about 77-93 minutes.
In which speaking includes:-
- Personal Introduction.
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short-questions
Writing module consists of:-
- Summarize written text
- Essay (20 minutes)
- READING MODULE: Duration of this section is approximately 32 to 41 minutes. It includes:-
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple choice questions
- Re-order paragraphs
- Fill in the blanks.
- LISTENING MODULE: Duration of this module is about 45 to 57 minutes. This section includes:
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice questions.
- Fill the blanks
- Highlight the correct summary
- Multiple choices
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
Some unknown facts about PTE:-
1. PTE Pen and Notebook
PTE test center gives an erasable marker and erasable notebook to the candidate to jot down the important points.
2 PTE time based sections are tough to manage
Some students feel stressed during multiple answers type question because it needs a lot of concentration power and most of the student spend more time on these questions and skipped the important part of the test. Moreover, it is hard to manage the time in two sections-
- 18 questions to be answered within 40 minutes in reading module.
- 19 questions to be answered in 40 minutes in listening section. Another important thing is time is reduced if you take more time in 10 minutes break.
3 Try to make the notes properly
It is very tough to listen, take notes and then select the most suitable option according to the demand of the question as time runs very quickly. Sometimes candidates can’t really focus on what speaker is saying and then write down the notes to select the option. So, students are advised to make the notes precisely.
4 Select the Correct word
‘Select the correct word’ in reading module is considered to be the toughest part because of complex words. All other sections are easy and at medium level. But, some students just select the option based on their instincts. Lots of practice and positive efforts make this easy for the candidates.
5 Instructions for the students
PTE assumes that examiner should familiar with all the modules before appearing in the exam. Still, the instructions are written on top of each question but there is limited time period that candidates even can’t get enough time to read them. Speaker start questions immediately back to back.
6 PTE test may go wrong but you still able to get desired score
Students sometime feel that they missed a lot of questions or do the wrong things, but do not stress; as they will able to get their desired score. For example If you made mistakes in speaking the sentences (after listening), but wrote them correctly (after listening), you probably will still get good score.
7 PTE Exam 10 minute break
The short 10 minute break timer starts immediately after the writing module. PTE suggested that students should come back from the break with 5 minutes and so that rest of the time is spare for all the extra security checks!
The PTE test is scored between the ranges 10 – 90. Detailed score report shows the overall test-taker performance along with their ability on communicative skills and enabling skills.
PTE acceptable in Canada
PTE is now accepted for study purpose in Canada as well. Lots of institution now welcomes the students with PTE score. PTE delivers the results within five days business days, so you don’t need to worry about your PTE scores. All colleges and universities in Canada accepted PTE score for education purpose PTE score is accepted. But if a person wants to settle permanently in abroad then only Australia and NZ accept the PTE. So, students looking for study options in Canada can take up the PTE exam like other language exams.
People who give PTE exam are expected to get a required range of scores demanded by the specific university. Students have to attempt all the modules that are reading, writing, listening and speaking for Canada’s study visa as well.
What Sunland offers?
- We at Sunland provide up-to-dated material & gives genuine marking to the students.
- We at Sunland assist students with different volume books according to the level of the learner.
- Sunland give tips & tricks class to the learners to get desired score.
- Free demo classes are available at Sunland.
- Counseling sessions are conducted in Sunland about how to manage the time throughout the PTE exam.
- We at Sunland give special attention on both enabling skills and communicative skills.
For more details Contact us today. Call @ +91 98146 10782 / +91 95014 43322