After you have received your study permit visa, and you are ready to catch the flight, the only main thing left is packing. You need to adjust all your stuff according to the weight which your airline allows you to carry. You need to settle in 2 suitcases. Following is the guideline which will give you an idea as to what all mandatory stuff you need to pack if you are going abroad as a student.
LIST FOR STUDY ABROAD:-
- Socks (including stockings and woolen socks)
- Undershirts and inners
- Shirts (Long and short sleeves)
- Sweatshirts/ hoodies
- Jeans/ trousers
- Shorts & Nickers
- Formal clothing.
- Flip flops/ sandals/ slides
- Sneakers/ dress shoes/ boots/ rain boots
- gloves/ mittens, hat, scarf
TOILETRIES CHECKLIST FOR STUDY ABROAD:
- Shampoos/ conditioners
- Toothbrush/ toothpaste
- Soaps/ body wash
- Feminine products
- Brush/ comb
- Razors/other shaving kits
- Contact lenses and solution
- Nail clippers and filers
- Over-the-counter medicines (with prescription)
- Tissues/ toilet paper
- Local currency
- Purse/ wallet/ handbags/ backpacks
- Important documentation
- Outlet adapter
- Cell phones and required electronics.
- Laptop and charger
- Sheets/ bed covers
- Medications with prescriptions.
- Water bottles
Prepare a list of all the essential documents you need to carry. Keep your passport, visa, tickets, prescriptions, and accommodation details in your check-in bag or hand-luggage. You need all these during your arrival and departure as well as in your immigration as you land in the country. Buy a travel pouch in case you want to carry some cash. Other items which are suggested to keep in the handbag are-
- One set of garments to change
- Few toiletries
Keep it Light-
List and sort what you need so that you do not over-pack and your luggage does not become over-weight. Segregate and sort all your clothing according to the purpose. Keep your formals and routinely wear clothes separately.
Next, arrange all the clothes and check how much space they are occupying and they occupy more space then reduce some non-essential clothing. Travel as light as possible.
- Wear one of your heavier jackets while you are boarding your plane to reduce the weight of the luggage.
- Pack adequate winter wear if your destination is cold.
- Sort your items as per the need of the hour so that it is easy to unpack as soon as you reach.
- Pack a pair of garments in your hand-luggage if you will initially stay in a hotel or temporary accommodation.
- Get your luggage ironed and vacuumed.
- Buy a bag that is lightweight and convenient to carry.
- Carry electronics like laptops in hand luggage so that they remain safe and by no chance they get damaged.
- You can buy utensils and appliances from the country you are traveling to so that you do not carry extra weight.
Make a list of all the items you are carrying with you so that in case you lose your luggage, the airline can give you equal compensation.
These are a few suggestions from Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants that will help you in your transition to another country.