UK Spouse visa also known as a marriage visa.
What is s a spouse visa?
A UK spouse visa allows married partners of UK citizens to immigrate to the UK as they are married to a person who is ‘settled in the UK.
Can I work on a spouse visa?
You can work or study in the UK once the spouse visa has been granted.
Spouse visa requirements
To meet the requirement for a UK spouse Visa/ marriage visa you must qualify following requirements:
- You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
- You must have met each other and be legally married – this is to prevent arranged marriages.
- You must intend to live together permanently.
- You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.
- Your sponsoring partner must earn more than £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. The minimum financial requirement is higher if they are also sponsoring dependent children.
- You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependants.
- You must satisfy the English language requirements.
How do I apply for a spouse visa?
You can apply for a spouse visa from overseas or from within the UK.
If you are already in the UK on a fiancé visa, or student visa valid for more than six months, you may be able to switch into a spouse visa.
How long does the application take?
The average processing time for a spouse visa application is 2 – 12 weeks from the date we submit the application to the UKBA. Processing times vary depending on the country where the application is made.
How long does a spouse visa last?
If applying from overseas, a spouse visa is initially issued for 33 months. If you are applying from within the UK spouse visa is issued for a period of 30 months.
Can I extend my spouse visa?
You can apply for an extension for an additional 30 months which can take your total time in the UK on this visa up to five years. At this point you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) provided you are still married and living in the UK with your spouse and continue to meet the maintenance requirements. After you have been granted ILR you may be eligible to apply for naturalisation as British citizen.
Spouse visa entry clearance
If you are seeking to enter the UK on the basis of your relationship with a UK national you must apply for entry clearance before coming to the UK.
If you are applying from inside the UK you must have leave to remain in the UK on a visa that is valid for six months at the time you apply.
You cannot switch to a spouse visa if you are already in the UK and were initially admitted for a period of less than six months – for example, if you were initially admitted entry as a visitor or prospective student.
English language requirements.
For more details please contact here-
+91 98146 10782 / +91 95014 43322
760 total views, 2 views today