CANADA SPOUSE VISA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS – OPEN WORK PERMIT FOR SPOUSE
Canada gives the privilege to the International Students to bring your SPOUSE/COMMON LAW PARTNER ON AN OPEN WORK PERMIT only if the international student is eligible. The spouse gets an open work permit and is eligible to work full time and live along with his/her partner. In this article, we will learn more about How Can I Apply Spouse Visa For Canada or the documents required, eligibility, processing time, and other necessary information to apply for a spouse’s open work permit while studying in Canada as an International Student. consultants with registered agent.
WHAT IS AN OPEN WORK PERMIT?
An open work permit (OWP) is an allowance to stay and work In Canada on a temporarily permits the applicant to work full time in any province in Canada. The work permit holders can work in almost any occupation in which they had past academic records in their home country. Therefore there are no specific professions listed for the open work permit, but definitely health care professions that need additional medical examinations. This provides an extra benefit to the international student to support the family expenses in Canada while studying.
International students who are studying full time and have a valid study permit may invite their spouse/common-law partner for an open work permit. This can be done from outside India as well and a job offer is not required.
|MODE OF APPLICATION||ONLINE AS WELL AS OFFLINE|
|PROCESSING TIME||APPROXIMATELY 8 WEEKS|
|VALIDITY||TILL SPONSOR’S STUDY PERMIT IS VALID|
THE spouse or common-law partners become eligible for work-permit if-
- The international student has a valid study permit.
- The international student must be a full-time student of-
- A public post-secondary college/university.
- Private Canadian University awards bachelor’s/master’s degree.
While the application is in process
- The proof that the sponsor is a full-time student in Canada (valid study permit).
- Marriage certificate or the proof of common-law partnership to prove that your marriage is genuine.
- Copy of valid passport of the applicant.
- Copy of medical exam.
How Can I Apply Spouse Visa For Canada?
The open work permit for a spouse can be applied from inside or outside Canada as well. For online application the applicant needs to create an account on the CIC website or to apply offline, the applicant needs to submit a paper file to the IRCC center in Canada. It is always convenient to apply online for a faster process.
BENEFITS OF APPLYING ONLINE-
- Easy and convenient process.
- Ensure that the application is complete and error-free.
- In case additional documents are required, then they can be easily uploaded.
- The updates are received easily.
- Firstly check your eligibility/acceptability by filling out a questionnaire on the CIC website.
- A personal reference code is given at the end of the questionnaire which needs to be kept safe.
- Create an account on the website and use the UCI number which is mentioned on the study permit of the sponsor.
- Upload all the required documents carefully.
- Wait for the approval of the work permit.
ROLE OF AN IMMIGRATION AGENT TO HELP YOU APPLY FOR AN OPEN WORK PERMIT-
An immigration agent guides you thoroughly for the process of applying for an open work permit. They help you to upload all the documents correctly. Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants are the best immigration consultants in Chandigarh. In case you want to live with your spouse, then we will help you to apply for an open work permit and get successful results.