Australia study: Timeline for intake in February 2024
Applications are accepted for the February intake, also referred to as the primary intake, for international students considering applying to Australian universities. International applicants to various Australian universities must submit their applications by February 1. Australia The deadline for the February intake in Australia 2024 may differ depending on the university or the course the applicant wishes to apply for, so care must be taken when submitting an application. This article focuses on information about Australia’s February intake and how prospective international students should organise their application submissions. To learn more, keep reading.
Preparations for the February intake in Australia.
- Make a short list of 8–12 Australian universities by August that you plan to apply to for the February 2024 intake. Start early. Visit university websites and make a note of the criteria for applications, deadlines, etc.
- Know your options for bank loans and scholarships by September to help pay for your studies in Australia.
- Start by downloading the university websites’ admissions brochures. The majority of brochures are released over a year earlier.
- Do some preliminary research on different lodging possibilities.
- Depending on the course and university, get ready for required standardised tests like the GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
- Register for the GMAT or GRE by June–July, or three months before the test date.
- At least one month prior to the test date, register for the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
- Around September, take the required standardised or English language tests. In case you need to retake the test, allow extra time in your schedule.
- Make a short list of the colleges and get ready to apply. Consider carefully what sets you apart from other applicants, and make a list of your qualities and a self-evaluation.
- For the required 2-3 reference letters, get in touch with your professors and immediate managers. a minimum of one month prior to the application deadline.
- Each university will have a different deadline for applications for Australia’s February 2023 intake. As a result, candidates must exercise caution when applying.
- Start outlining your essays and SOP. Give yourself a month to properly organise these documents.
- To avoid hassles at the last minute, apply before the deadline!
When can I apply for the February intake in Australia?
The timelines that have been roughly established for Australia’s February intake of international students are shown in the following table:
|Australia Feb Intake 2024 Proposed Deadlines||Action to be taken|
|April 2023 – September 2023||Shortlist the desired course and start your search for Australian universities.|
|June 2023 – August 2023||Participate in the ELP exam and other standardised tests (as per course requirement).|
|August 2023 – October 2023||Start your application process for the preferred course of study at the desired Australian universities.|
|November 2023 – December 2023||Await the evaluation of the application for admission and the result of that evaluation.|
|December 2023 – January 2024||If accepted to an Australian university, the applicant can apply for an Australian student visa, look for financial aid that will sponsor their education, and browse available scholarships.|
|January 2024 – February 2024||It’s time to board a flight for Australia, look for short-term housing, and wait for classes to start at the university.|
Students have the best chance to apply in the July intake if they are unable to submit their applications for Australia’s Feb intake. The secondary intake, which includes applications from international students in the middle of the academic year, is the Australia July intake.
The process of applying to Australian universities
- There will be a lot of college emails, so be sure to respond right away.
- Attend the in-person or video interviews that may be scheduled between January and March for the Australia intake of February 2024.
- Depending on the institute, you will either receive your acceptance letter, known as a CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment), in November or December.
- You can apply for an Australian student visa after receiving CoE.
- Inform the universities of your decision to accept admission based on the application deadline.
- For Australian universities to confirm your admission, you would need to pay a non-refundable deposit.
- Look for and start submitting applications for outside scholarships (if applicable).
- Once you have received your acceptance letter from the university, apply for a student loan.
- gather the documents you need for your student visa. Verify the necessary visas.
- Apply for your student visa as soon as possible. Remember how long it takes to process visas!
- Concentrate more on GTE, which is a crucial component of the Australian student visa application; as a result, the statement must be carefully crafted. View a Sample GTE Statement from Australia
- Set up Overseas Student Health Insurance.
Before flying to Australia, take these things into account.
- Plan ahead and purchase your airline tickets as soon as possible.
- Set up an international debit or credit card so the applicant can use it in Australia or at the international airports from where they are flying.
- Gather all the documents and their photocopies and bring them along with the necessities for your own use.
- For international students coming to Australia to study, refer to the pre-departure checklist.
Australia study schedule: February 2024 intake FAQs
1. Why is Australia’s intake for February its main intake?
A. The February intake is Australia’s main intake because, with a few exceptions, almost all courses at Australian universities are open for admission during this intake. Additionally, students qualify from high school, and this intake is ideal for those who can prepare for and apply to Australian higher education. As a result, February intake in Australia is referred to as the primary intake.
2. When does the application process for Australia’s February intake start?
A. Australia’s February intake admissions start in August and end in October. Following October, the admission decisions are announced in November or the first week of December. As a result, students applying for Australia’s February intake can easily apply for their student visa in advance, wait for approval, and then book a flight to Australia well in advance of the start of the course.
3. The ideal time for students to apply is now for Australia’s February intake.
A. If applying for the February intake, students should ideally submit their applications by August or at most, September. The admissions process takes about six to seven months, including the submission of applications, preparation for and participation in entrance exams, evaluation of the applications, possible submission of deficient documentation, and finally the application for a student visa after receiving an offer.
4. What distinguishes Australia’s intake in February from its intake in July?
A. The primary intake in Australia is known as February, and the majority of students apply for this intake; the secondary intake in Australia is known as July. Applications are 20% lower in July than in Australia’s February intake due to the limited number of courses offered. Some courses might be offered in either or both of Australia’s intakes, while others might only be offered in a specific intake.
5. Why should students submit applications for Australia’s February intake?
A. There are many benefits to applying for Australia’s February intake; the main ones are as follows:
- Numerous courses are offered, providing more choices.
- This is the first intake following high school graduation.
- During this intake, admissions to all prestigious Australian universities are open to students from abroad.
- Even though there is a lot of competition, starting college sooner rather than later by applying for the primary intake is preferable.
993 total views, 1 views today