How will the UK treat Dependents with Student Visas in 2023?

How will the UK treat Dependents with Student Visas in 2023?

The UK is open for study! Study opportunities are being seized in the UK by international students and those who are devoted to them. Will I Need a Student Visa in 2023? is the main concern of many applicants.

The figures demonstrate how.

In the last 12 months, international enrollment at UK universities has increased by almost 20%. In the academic year 2020–21, they welcomed more than 600,000 international students, exceeding the goal ten years earlier than anticipated.

International students are encouraged to apply, according to the UK government. It has introduced new study and work visas for top performing candidates. The government’s skills agenda acknowledges that making the UK a desirable place to study, work, and live is the key to generating wealth. Around £28 billion was added to the UK economy in 2021 as a result of foreign students.

Do I need a visa to study and live in the UK in 2023?

According to the recently released THE World University Rankings 2023, UK universities continue to be a popular choice for students.

After the Covid pandemic, travel restrictions were loosened, and more students are now applying to study in the UK.

International students are permitted to travel with dependent relatives. On the advice pages of the Home Office website, the arrangements are described in detail. Information from the pertinent section explains:

Your partner and children (also known as “dependants”) may be eligible to apply for visas to enter or remain in the UK. You must fit one of these categories:

  • A full-time student on a postgraduate level course (RQF level 7 or above) that lasts 9 months or longer
  • A brand-new government-sponsored learner enrolled in a programme lasting more than six months
  • A student of the Doctorate Extension Scheme

Points-based system for student visas

For students who want to study in the UK, the UK Visas and Immigration points-based system includes the Student Route Visa. You must achieve 70 points and satisfy all of the immigration rules in order to submit a successful application.

  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies: 50 points

Your university that is accepting you will issue you a CAS, or confirmation of acceptance for studies. It demonstrates that you have fulfilled the course, approved qualification, level of study, and location of study requirements.

  • 10 points = A requirement for money (e.g. tuition fees, living costs etc)

You must be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary funds to pay for your tuition, housing, and maintenance (living expenses) in the UK, unless you are from a nation that exempts you from providing documentary evidence.

  • 10 points are equivalent to fluency in English ( e.g. IELTS qualification)

Students who are enrolling in universities to pursue degree-level studies and who are not native English speakers must demonstrate that they are CEFR B2 proficient in English (for example, IELTS 5.5 in each of the four components). Depending on the type of course and your supporting documentation, there are exceptions.

Study and work as a graduate student to obtain a visa

The Graduate Route was created especially for UK postgraduate study. The student is allowed to stay for a minimum of two years and a maximum of three years if they are pursuing a PhD. On the Home Office website, the scheme’s specifics are described.

If each of the following statements is accurate, you may apply for a Graduate visa:

  • You reside in the UK.
  • Your current visa is a Tier 4 (General) student visa or a student visa for students.
  • with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa, you completed a minimum of one year of study towards a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree, or another course that qualifies.
  • The Home Office has been informed by your educational institution (such as your university or college) that you have successfully completed your course. You may be eligible to apply for the free EU Settlement Scheme if you or a member of your family moved to the UK by December 31, 2020.

Europe as the source of entry

The aftermath of the UK’s exit from the EU led to a change of status for many students from the 27 countries. A scheme operated to allow entry to the UK based on the status of an individual that had a legitimate claim. This was based on settled or pre-settled status as a citizen of the UK.

Pre-settled or settled

The deadline for applications submitted via this route expired in June 2021, but if you have “reasonable” grounds, you may still submit a representation. Due to the ongoing conflict, there is an exception for people trying to enter the UK from Ukraine.

Student Visa through the Skilled Worker Route

This is an additional choice for qualified students who are able to accept a job offer in the UK. It is primarily intended for job applicants, but you are also allowed to bring in dependents and continue your studies at the same time.

The applicant is supported by the employer. The Home Office must, however, approve the organisation. Taxpayer benefits are restricted for employees with visas for skilled workers. Changing jobs is also not possible.

Visas for Students with Potential

The UK government recently unveiled yet another programme. This system accepts the credentials provided by a number of top-tier international universities. This makes it possible for bright students to study in the UK. It will increase the value of their university degrees.

So, in 2023, will I require a student visa?

Will I need a visa in 2023? The answer is unmistakably yes. But over the past three years, there have been significant improvements in the options available for studying in the UK. Your visa application will cost money, and in order to complete it, you’ll need to gather a lot of information.

However, always double-check with the admissions staff at your university before using an overseas agent to process your study visa. Any costs will be confirmed, and they will go over the necessary information.





Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants
Open chat
Need help?
How can we help you?