Visiting Canada: How long can you stay?

Visiting Canada: How long can you stay?

Foreign nationals can Visiting Canada with the use of a visiting visa, commonly known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Whether you are traveling to Canada as a student, a temporary worker, or just to visit, you will need a visitor visa unless you are from a nation that does not require them.

There are two categories of visiting visas for Canada: single entrance and multiple entry. Foreign nationals can only enter Canada once with a single entry visa. As long as the multiple entry visa is still in effect, its bearer may enter and exit Canada as frequently as they choose. There is no need to specify which type of application you want; all applications are automatically considered for multiple-entry visas, with single-entry visas only being granted in exceptional situations.

Canada offers two types of visitor visas: single entry and multiple admission. With a single entry visa, foreign nationals are only permitted one entry into Canada. The holder of a multiple entry visa may enter and leave Canada as often as they like while the visa is still valid. All applications are automatically considered for multiple entry visas; single entry visas are only issued in extraordinary circumstances. You do not need to mention which sort of application you desire.

Visitors who require a visiting visa can apply online, on paper, or in person at a Visa Application Centre (VAC). Each family member, including any dependent children, must submit their application if you are traveling as a family. You may, however, send in all of the applications at once. Depending on their citizenship, applicants may need to provide biometric data with their application. The applicant must submit their fingerprints and a picture at a biometric collecting service location if biometrics are necessary. When asked, you can submit your biometrics after completing your visitor visa application, or you can submit them simultaneously if you’re submitting in person at a Visa Application Centre (VAC).

Visitor visa extended

Foreign nationals may reside lawfully in Canada for up to six months at a time on visitor visas, whether single entry or multiple entry. Your legal status will expire after this period, and you must depart Canada. Foreign nationals who want to stay longer than six months must apply while they are still considered temporary residents. Applying for an extension should be done at least 30 days before your current status is set to expire. You may stay in Canada while awaiting a decision if your existing visa expires while your application for an extension is still being reviewed. It’s known as inferred status. If you are qualified, you may also seek permanent residence status.

If you are a tourist to Canada and there are still border closures, travel bans, and restrictions in place, you might choose to prolong your stay. Foreign nationals can often reside lawfully in Canada for up to six months on a visiting visa. The visitor’s legal status expires after this time frame, and they are forced to depart Canada. If this applies to you, you might be thinking about extending your stay in Canada over the allotted time.

Tourists visiting Canada may decide to extend their stay if border checks, travel bans, and other restrictions are still in effect. On a visiting visa, foreign individuals can frequently live legally in Canada for up to six months. At the end of this period, the visitor’s legal status expires, and they are compelled to leave Canada. If this describes you, you could be considering staying in Canada longer than the allowed period.


Visiting Canada will be an amazing experience for you, so if you want any guide about visitor visa consult at Sunland Education and  Immigration Consultants, Chandigarh


Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants
Open chat
Need help?
How can we help you?