Canada Study Visa
canada Study Visa for student
Students are given this study permission when they enter Canada Study Visa. But in order to travel there, a student first needs to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, which is issued by the Canadian High Commission and made possible by the Visa Application Centers.
What is a study permit?
For foreign students wishing to study in Canada, the Canadian immigration officials will award them with a study permit. Without a current study permission, foreign students are not permitted to enrol in classes in Canada. At addition, students who receive a study permission are limited to enrolling in certain institutions of higher learning.
Eligibility requirements for a student visa in Canada
You must complete the following requirements in order to be eligible for a study visa for Canada:
- Before applying for a student visa, the applicant must be at least 17 years old and have completed at least the 12th grade.
- The applicant’s student visa must be approved by DLI-holding colleges or universities (Designated Learning Institution).
- The student visa applicant must open a GIC account at one of the following financial institutions: Scotia Bank, ICICI Bank, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC Bank of Canada, RBC Royal Bank, SBI Canada, etc.
- The student visa applicant must pay one year’s tuition fees and one year’s living expenses totaling CAD 10,000.
- Before requesting a study visa, the applicant must have a medical examination from one of the doctors on the panel.
What documents are needed for a student visa in Canada?
Once the candidate has the necessary documents, they may apply for a study visa for Canada.
- Genuine offer letter from a Canadian DLI (Designated Learning Institution). On the offer letter or letter of acceptance, the DLI number should be mentioned.
- Tuition receipt, also known as an evidence of one year’s worth of fees paid, and a letter of acceptance from a college in Canada that is a designated learning institution. However, if you have been approved by the DLI in Quebec, you must first obtain a CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate) from the Quebec government before applying for a Canadian student visa.
- A bank statement for CAD $10,000 produced by the Canadian Bank where the GIC Account is opened serves as the GIC (Guaranteed Investment Cover) receipt. However, if you are applying to a college in Quebec, your GIC should be worth CAD 11,000 instead.
- Passport must be valid for the entire time the traveller will be in Canada. The front and last pages of the passport, or the BIO-DATE page, are all that are required.
- All academic transcripts, from the tenth grade through the most recent degrees. All academic documents must be notarized and attested.
- A current photograph is required. A photograph should be at least 35mm x 45mm in size and not older than six months. The photo should be in jpeg or pdf format and not exceed 4 MB in size for online applications.
- Immigration medical examination: The certificate of the medical examination issued by doctors on the panel. Before applying for a student visa, the Canadian government has long insisted that international students undergo an immigration medical examination from physicians with whom they have established working relationships. Chest X-rays and laboratory tests will be performed by the doctor, who will then email the results immediately to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and provide the student visa applicant with an e-Tracking document that will be added to the file for their application for a student visa to Canada. The medical report will be delivered directly to CIC by Empanelled doctors and is completely confidential.
- Score on the IELTS, TOFEL, or PTE exam for English language proficiency is required before applying for a student visa.
FOR STUDENTS WITH A 12TH PASS VISA
For applicants seeking to pass the 12th grade, the academic IELTS score must always be at least 6 bands overall and at least 6 bands in each module.
Each module’s PTE score for applicants who have completed their 12th grade education must be at least 51, and the overall score must also be at least 51.
Candidates who have completed their 12th grade should have a TOEFL score of at least 233 in each module and 233 overall.
FOR GROSS APPLICANTS:
- The applicant’s IELTS score must be at least 6 in each module and 6.5 overall if they are a recent graduate and wish to travel on a student visa.
- The overall score must be at least 59 and the PTE score for each module must be at least 51.
- The minimum TOEFL score for the computer-based exam for each module is 213, and the minimum overall score is 233.
Description of purpose:
For the applicant of a student visa, it is quite necessary and crucial. The student visa applicant must explain the following in the statement of purpose:-
- Tell us a little bit about you and your family.
- Describe your finished coursework, including the year and percentage of classes you passed.
- Your TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS score.
- If you have experience, be sure to include your title, the number of years of experience, and the tasks and duties you carried out while working there.
- Describe the course you want to take in Canada and how it relates to your past coursework. Describe the nation, its climate, its educational policies, etc.
- Describe your future goals and what you want to gain from finishing your courses.
- Explain why you or any other country cannot complete this study in your own. Include a cost-benefit analysis or return on investment (ROI) explanation as well.
- Also describe the types of professions you plan to obtain after finishing your study.
TAX RETURNS ON INCOME
The student must provide the following paperwork along with their student visa application:
a). 2 years Income tax Returns of the parents.
b). PAN Card / Aadhar card Copy of the parents.
You would also need a credit card to pay the application cost if you were submitting your application online. The application fee for a student visa to Canada is $150 and the biometric fee is $85 (payable only once per ten years).
Please keep in mind that the system does not take debit cards; it only accepts credit cards, such as Visa and Mastercard. Additionally, it is not required to be your credit card. If you have the express consent to do so, you may use the credit cards of your parents, friends, or any other relatives.
The applicant for a student visa must provide the following details to CIC in order to submit his application:-
- Visa Type – Master / Visa card
- Card Holder Name –
- Card Number – _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- Valid from – _ _/_ _ valid thru _ _ / _ _
- CVV number – Its 3 digit number on the back side of Card
Please be aware that because the student is paying fees using a Visa or Master Card and the transaction is international, no OTP Code will be generated by the card issuers. The candidate will learn when the money is taken out of the account of the cardholder.
In addition to the aforementioned, you’d need access to a digital scanner if you were applying online. However, you must have true copies of all the aforementioned documents if you are applying offline. It is crucial to remember that you will need to download a few documents, complete them, print them, sign them, and then upload them in order to submit your online application. Therefore, it is necessary to plan for the scanner’s accessibility. You can also upload a high-quality digital image using the system. However, we suggest a scanner over a camera.
362 total views, 1 views today