CANADA STUDY VISA
SDS (STUDY DIRECT STREAM) SYSTEM.
Presently 3 type of Visa system is prevalent for study visa of Canada.
- Visa under University System
- Visa under SDS System
- Visa under Non-SDS system
FEATURES AND RULES OF SDS PROGRAM CANADA FOR INDIA
As per the new rules, SDS program has some special conditions and rules for the Indian Students which are as follows:
- Minimum requirement of IELTS: For Undergraduate course: 6 bands in each module; For Post Graduate Course: Overall 6.5 Bands (with no band less than 6 in each module)
- Medical examination at least 1 week before submission of the application.
- SDS program is launched in conjunction with Scotia bank /ICICI Bank to fulfil GIC requirement.
- Study direct streamline has fastened up the process of study visa for Indian Students.
- Systematically visa processing for all SDS colleges & institutions.
- 1-year fee payment of the tuition fees is a must.
- Less documentation requirements.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 from Scotia bank / ICICI Bank must be bought, to cover living expenses for one year.
- SDS program has replaced the SPP system in India for Canadian Education.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDENT DIRECT STREAM (SDS) PROGRAM
But most popular among all of the three is the SDS System. Following are the benefits under SDS system
- Smoother visa process for all SDS entitled institutions.
- Less monetary documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
- Priority for visa from the Canadian high commission.
There are three intakes during the year in all of the colleges and universities in Canada.
- Fall – (Begins in September intake)
- Winter – (Begins in January intake)
- Summer – (Begins in May intake).
Admissions are open through out the year.
Major intake in Canada is September followed by January and May.
The application fees varies from Fees Waiver to CAD 200 depending upon College to college / University to Universities. The admission process takes 4 days to 2 months depending upon College / University.
Presently the Canada Study Visa or Spouse dependent Visa is filed online through immigration account. For Filing visa, we need the following documents :-
Credit card for payment of Embassy fees. The Visa charges are as below :-
|Study permit (including extensions) – per person||$150|
|Restore your status as a student
Restore your status ($200) and a get a new study permit ($150)
The following documents are required for admission in any College / University in Canada :-
- Filled in student permit application form
- The original letter of acceptance from the university
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country. If you live in the U.S.A., this is not necessary
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- Proof of financial support during your study programme. This means proving you have between 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year for living in the country.
- A letter of intent
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificate d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD)
SDS VISA PROCESSING & REQUIRMENTS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
As per the Govt of Canada, there have been some changes in the requirements and visa processing under the SDS programme.
So, following are the SDS visa processing and Requirements for Indian Students:
- Minimum IELTS Score for SDS Visa must be 6 bands in each module for UG & 6.5 bands for PG courses.
- Full tuition fees for the first year should be paid in an advance.
- College and Institutions must have a registered Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10200 will be mandatory to buy.
Education Training System in Canada is globally Recognized Canada has built up a top notch education system with exclusive expectations. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is perceived all inclusive as being identical to those from the United States and Commonwealth nations.
WORK OPPORTUNITIES IN CANADA:
Global Students who have graduated from a Canadian college or universities have the chance to work in Canada from one year to Three year depending upon the studies, the student has done in Canada. For non- SDS colleges, there is no work permit after studies.
Find more up-to-date information about the Canadian student visa on the official student visa page of the Canadian government.
Processing Time for Study Permit differs from 15 days to 30 days for receipt of initial response.
13,426 total views, 16 views today