CANADA STUDY VISA
SDS (STUDY DIRECT STREAM) SYSTEM.
Presently 3 type of Visa system is prevalent for study visa of Canada.
- Visa under SDS System
- Visa under University System
- Visa under Non-SDS system
FEATURES AND RULES OF SDS PROGRAM CANADA FOR INDIA
As per the new rules, SDS program has some special conditions and rules for the Indian Students which are as follows:
- Now, minimum requirement of IELTS band is 6 in each module for Undergraduate course and Overall 6.5 Bands (with no band less than 6 in each module) for Post Graduate course.
- A requirement of candidate Medical examination at least before 1 week of the application submission.
- SDS program is launched with the help of Scotia bank /ICICI Bank.
- Study direct streamline has fastened up the process of study visa for Indian Students.
- Systematically visa processing for all SDS colleges & institutions.
- 1-year payment receipt of the tuition fees must be shown by the students.
- Less Documentation process is needed under the SDS program.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,200 from Scotia bank / ICICI Bank must be bought, it will cover all the living expenses of the student for one year.
- SDS program of CIC will act as an alternative of SPP in India.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDENT DIRECT STREAM (SDS) PROGRAM
But most popular among all of the three is the SDS System. Following are the benefits under SDS system
- Smoother visa process for all SDS entitled institutions.
- Less monetary documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
- Priority for visa from the Canadian high commission.
There are three intakes during the year in all of the colleges and universities in Canada.
- Fall – (Begins in September intake)
- Winter – (Begins in January intake)
- Summer – (Begins in May intake).
But the admission process goes in all colleges and universities throughout the year. The Major Intake in Canada is September followed by January and May Intakes.
The application fees varies from Fees Waiver to CAD 200 depending upon College to college / University to Universties. The admission process takes 4 days to 2 months depending upon College / University.
The following documents are required for admission in any College / University in Canada :-
- Bachelors/Masters – singular mark sheets
- Consolidated/Provisional/Degree/Course Completion
- IELTS/TOFEL/ PTE and GRE/GMAT Xerox duplicates with attestation
- Statement of Purpose
- Experience Letter (if any/if required)
- Passport Xerox
- Extra-curricular Certificates (if any)
- Passport size Photo
SDS VISA PROCESSING & REQUIRMENTS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
As per the Govt of Canada, there have been some changes in the requirements and visa processing under the SDS programme.
So, following are the SDS visa processing and Requirements for Indian Students:
- Minimum IELTS Score for SDS Visamust be 6 bands in each module for UG &6.5 bands for PG courses.
- Full tuition fees for the first year should be paid in an advance.
- College and Institutions must have a registered Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10200 will be mandatory to buy.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SDS VISA APPLICATION
You must include these documents with your application:
- Copy of your Acceptance letter from a designated learning institution
- Copy of your upfront medical exam confirmation document
- Proof that you have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,200
- Proof that you’ve paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
- Proof that you graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school or a language test form showing a score of at least 6 /6.5 for English (IELTS).
WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
Education Training System in Canada is globally Recognized Canada has built up a top notch education system with exclusive expectations. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is perceived all inclusive as being identical to those from the United States and Commonwealth nations.
WORK OPPORTUNITIES IN CANADA:
Global Students who have graduated from a Canadian college or universities have the chance to work in Canada from one year to Three year depending upon the studies, the student has done in Canada. For non- SDS colleges, there is no work permit after studies.
CANADA STUDY VISA
You need following documents before you apply for Study visa of Canada.
- Application form (2 passport size photographs affixed)
- Personal Information sheet
- Student Questionnaire Form
- Letter of Acceptance from Canadian Educational Institutions
- Use of an representative shape
- Copy of All academic documents with mark sheets
- IELTS/TOEFL score card (taken within last 24 months and overall score not less than 6.0)
- Financial Documents (Proof of payment of Tuition fees for 1 year + $10,200 as living expense for 12 months under GIC)
Processing Time for Study Permit differs from 15 days to 30 days for receipt of initial response.