Immigrating to Canada with Your Family

Immigrating to Canada with Your Family

One of the most common types of immigration to Canada is family reunification. You might be eligible to sponsor specific members of your Family Immigration To Canada if you’re a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

You could be allowed to bring your family with you if you’re temporarily studying or working in Canada!

Sponsorship from family

You might be able to sponsor some members of your family to immigrate to Canada once you become a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. It’s known as family sponsorship. After economic immigration, family sponsorship accounts for the majority of immigration to Canada.

Three different sorts of relatives are eligible for family sponsorship:

1. Common-law partner or spouse
2. relying on children
3. grandparents or parents

You must be at least 18 years old and earn enough money to support any family you intend to bring to Canada to qualify. A family member who is sponsored becomes a permanent resident of Canada.

You may sponsor your spouse or partner’s children to immigrate to Canada if they are dependent and you are sponsoring your spouse or partner to come to Canada.

Grandparents and Parents Super Visa

There is a strict cap on the Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship Programme. To show their interest in applying, interested families must fill out an online form. Every year, draws are held by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to determine which applicants are invited to submit applications.

The Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents is a solution provided by the IRCC to make up for the program’s small size. Your parents or grandparents may enter Canada on this multiple-entry visa once and remain there for up to two years. Its validity is up to ten years. For your parents or grandparents to be eligible to apply for the Super Visa, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

The Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents does not grant your parents permanent resident status, in contrast to the Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship Programs.

Bringing along family relatives

It may be possible for you to bring your family with you to Canada if you enter the country with a temporary visa, such as a work or study permit.

Temporary Employees

You may be permitted to bring your spouse and dependent children to Canada if you have a work permit application in progress and have received a legitimate job offer from a Canadian business.

If your kids are school-age, they won’t require separate study permits to enroll in Canadian educational institutions. The open work permit, which enables your spouse or partner to work for any employer in Canada, may also be available to you.

International Students

Your spouse and dependent children may be listed on your study permit application if you are admitted to a Canadian university. Similar to temporary employees, wives of accompanying international students may apply for an open work permit and their dependant children may study in Canada.

Can I go with my child if they are an international student?

Typically, the response to this query is “no.” There is one special exception, though. You might be permitted to travel to Canada with your child if they are a minor (under the age of 18) and do not have a guardian there.

You might be allowed to apply for a visitor record if your child is under the age of 18, has been accepted into a Canadian school, and will not have someone to care for them while they are in Canada. This paper enables you to take care of your child while being with them. Your visitor record will show that your child has someone to look after them while they study when they apply for a study permit. A juvenile in Canada who is unaccompanied by an adult is not eligible to submit a study permit application.

You will not be able to file for a visitor record for your child, but they will still be able to do so if they are 18 years old or older, have relatives in Canada who can look after them, or are enrolled in a boarding school.


Immigration to Canada is challenging and subject to constant change. “Sunland Education & Immigration Consultants” is here to help! To learn about your options for migrating to Canada, you can contact us for the best advice in Canada Visas.






 401 total views,  1 views today