- Capital : Canberra
- Largest City : Sydney
- Dialing code : +61
- Currency : Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Type of Country : Commonwealth Country
- Population : 24,168,303
- Official languages: : English
- Government : Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- National Animal : Kangaroo and EMU
FACTS OF SIGNIFICANCE
Australia is the only country which is a continent with its capital as Canberra. Australia is spread over an area of 7,617,930 sq km. It is the biggest island on the earth and is the sixth-largest country in the world in land area. Australia has the 14th largest economy in the world. In terms of industrialized economy, it is ranked 9th in the world’s largest economies. It is the 15th richest nation in per capital terms, and is the 6th oldest continuously functioning democracy in the world.
The country has a well-developed education system with participation rates among the highest in the world. Each year, an increasing number of international students study in Australia. The quality of life people enjoy there is lavishing and considered as one of the highest quality of living standard in the world. Australia’s clean physical environment, health services, education and lifestyle combine to make it an attractive place to live. Australia started the system of the secret ballot and that of vote for women. Australia’s system of government reflects the British and North American models of liberal democracy, but has uniquely Australian features.
AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT is the 7th most powerful passport in the world, which allows to visit 169 countries without visa or visa on arrival.
There are some Amazing facts about Australia and are enumerated as below:-
- First of all, Australia is the 3rd most popular international Students destination in the world.
- 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are in Australia.
- Additionally, 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- 22,000 courses are available in 1100 institutions.
- University System Ranking – 9th in the world ahead of Germany, New Zealand and Japan.
Therefore, these characteristics and features make Australia an ideal study and tourism destination giving it an edge over the other suitable options.
For more date information about Australia, CLICK HERE