You might be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency AUSTRALIA, if you have:
- Nominated an occupation, that is on the relevant skilled occupation list. For SOL List/
Medium and Long Term Skilled Shortage List (MLTSSL)
, Please click on the MLTSSL LIST
- Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Not yet turned 50 years of age
- Achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation, based on the factors in the points testat least competent English.
Benefits of Permanent Residency:
Permanent Residency Visa lets you and any member of your family unit who has also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence travel to and from Australia for five years from the date, the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
There are three options of Permanent Residency Visa:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
This visa is for points-tested skilled workers, who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government.
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa is for points-tested skilled workers, who are nominated by a state or territory government agency. For professions in CSOL/Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
, Please click on the STSOL LIST
Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
This visa is for points-tested skilled workers, who have been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area.
POINT TEST FOR AUSTRALIA PERMANENT RESIDENCY.
|English Language Ability|
|Competent English—IELTS 6 / OET B||0|
|Proficient English—IELTS 7 / OET B||10|
|Superior English—IELTS 8 / OET A||20|
|At least three but less than five years (of past 10 years)||5|
|At least five but less than eight years (of past 10 years)||10|
|At least eight and up to 10 years (of past 10 years)||15|
|Doctorate from an Australian educational institution or other Doctorate of a recognised standard||20|
|At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard||15|
|Diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia, or qualification or award of recognised standard||10|
|Australian study requirements||5|
|Partner skill qualifications||5|
|Professional Year in Australia for at least 12 months in the four years before the day you were invited||5|
|Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only)||5|
|Nomination by state or territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member, to reside and work in a specified/designated area (visa subclass 489 only)||10|