Student visa holders are bound by certain visa Conditions governed by Department of Home Affairs. Not complying with these conditions may result in Visa Cancellation/Refusal or deportation. Furthermore The conditions attached to study visa are as under :-
AUSTRALIA STUDENT VISA CONDITIONS:
8105 – WORK LIMITATION
- You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight, when your course is in session (other than work, which has been registered as a part of the course). A fortnight means any period of 14 days commencing on a Monday and ending at the end of the second following Sunday.
- You can work for more than 40 hours per fortnight during recognized vacation periods offered by your education provider.
- You cannot start paid work until you have started your course in Australia.
- No work limits apply, if you are studying a Masters by Research or Doctorate Course in Australia.
8202- MEET COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- You must remain enrolled in a registered course (unless you are a Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored student or secondary exchange student in which case you must maintain full-time enrolment in your course of study or training).
Note: A registered course is one that is on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- You must maintain enrolment in a registered course that is the same level as, or at a higher level than, the registered course for which you were granted a visa. See: Changing courses
- You must maintain satisfactory attendance in your course and course progress for each study period as required by your education provide
8501 – MAINTAIN HEALTH INSURANCE
- You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance during your stay in Australia.
Note: Under policy, you must maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
8516 – MUST MAINTAIN ELIGIBILITY
- You must continue to satisfy the requirements for grant of your student visa. This means, for example, that you continue to have sufficient financial capacity to support your study and stay in Australia.
8517 – MAINTAIN EDUCATION FOR DEPENDANTS
- For Australia Student Visa, You must maintain adequate schooling arrangements for your school-age dependents (age 5 and above) who joined you in Australia for more than 3 months as part of your student visa application
8532 – < 18 APPROVE WELFARE
- If you are younger than 18 years of age, you must have accommodation and support, and your general welfare must be maintained for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- To maintain your welfare, you must stay in Australia with:
– your parent or legal custodian
– a relative who has been nominated by your parents or custodians who is aged over 21 and is of good character
– have accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements in place that have been approved by your education provider.
- You must not change your arrangements without the written approval of your education provider.
- If your welfare arrangements are approved by your education provider, you must not travel to Australia until your welfare arrangements start.
8533 – INFORM EDUCATION PROVIDER OF ADDRESS
For Australia Student Visa, You must tell your education provider:
- Address where you live in Australia within seven days of arriving in Australia
- Change the address where you live within seven days of the change
NOTE : FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION, please click on this LINK