ABOUT THE COUNTRY
- Capital : Canberra
- Largest City : Sydney
- Dialing code : +61
- Currency : Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Type of Country : Commonwealth Country
- Population : 24,168,303
- Official languages: : English
- Government : Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- National Animal : Kangaroo and EMU.
Australia is the only nation that is a continent with its capital as Canberra. Australia is spread over an area of 7,617,930 sq km. It is the biggest island on the earth and is the sixth-largest country in the world in land area. Australia has the 14th largest economy in the world. In terms of industrialized economy, it is the 9th largest. It is the 15th richest nation in per capita terms, and is the 6th oldest continuously functioning democracy in the world.
The country has a well-developed education system with participation rates among the highest in the world. Each year, an increasing number of international students pass out from colleges in Australia. Australians enjoy quality of life which is as rated one of the highest in the world. Australia’s clean physical environment, health services, education and lifestyle combine to make it an attractive place to live. Australia started the system of the secret ballot and that of vote for women. Australia’s system of government reflects the British and North American models of liberal democracy, but has unique australian features.
STUDENT FEES STRUCTURE
The tuition fees varies from AUD $6000 to AUD $14000 Per Semester depending upon the Course/ Level of study. Earlier, the Student visa comprised of 8 sub-classes (subclass 570–576), but now there is only one student visa class i.e. Sub class 500 based on the education sector of your main course.
STUDENT WORK RIGHTS
The student can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when the course is in session and can work for unlimited hours during the vacations. The international students studying master’s degree by research or Ph.D degrees can work for unlimited hours.
DEPENDENT WORK RIGHTS
The spouse of a student can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight. If the student is studying at Masters or Ph.d level, spouse can work for full-time, once the student starts his/her main course.
POST STUDY WORK RIGHTS
- Graduates who have completed a Bachelors degree or Masters by coursework degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a two year post-study work visa.
- Graduates who have completed Masters by research degree or a Doctorate degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa for three or four years respectively.
- Other students may be eligible to apply for the Temporary Skilled Graduate [subclass 485] visa. The subclass 485 visa is a temporary visa that allows an 18 month stay to work in Australia
- The spouse and children of a student can accompany them to Australia if the student’s course duration is 12 months or longer.
MINOR STUDENTS OR UNDER 18 STUDENTS
Usually, International students studying in Australia on a student visa will require a guardian if they are under 18 years of age. For more information, visit: http://www.border.gov.au/students/student_guardians
STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Visa Fees is AUD 550 for Main Applicant, AUD 410 for Additional Applicant over 18 and AUD 135 for Additional Applicant below 18. You can use this link to know the fees i.e https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Visa-1.
- 4 Passport size Photographs with White background and the photo should be in JPEG format.
- Qualification Documents (Original & Photocopy) from Matriculation onwards, Senior Secondary, Graduation, IELTS Score and all the documents should be in notarized form.
- Passport all pages for all passport and previous passports.
- E- Medical i.e HAP ID
- Financial Documents / Education Loan and it should be 3 months old.
- Income Tax Returns for all sponsors (3 Years) & Pan Card
- Work Experience Letter (Photocopy)
- Telephone Numbers of Banks, where funds are held.
- Stamp Papers
- 25/- for Self
- 25/- for Parents
- 20/- for each additional Sponsor
- Residential Address of all sponsors along with Telephone no’s. and their Employer name
- Medical for any type of Australia Visa can be done only through the PANEL DOCTORS of Australia high commission. For detail information, please see the link below:-https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/india
PERMANENT RESIDENCY for Australia
Here is a golden opportunity to settle in Australia through Permanent Residency. To qualify for Permanent Residency, the candidate requires 60 points. The point system comprises of Qualification, Age, Experience, English Language Ability, State Govt. Nominations, Eligible Relative Nomination etc. The occupation in demand are mentioned in SOL (Skilled Occupation List) and CSOL(Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List), and the persons in the following trade will easily get the Permanent residency within 6 months to 1 year, if they fulfill the above Criteria.
In this SOL demand list – All ITI trade persons/ Technical Persons/ B.E/ B.Tech /Polytechnic Diploma holders / Teachers with B.Ed/ M.Ed Qualification/ Nurses / Doctors/ Accountants/ CA/ M.Com from PU/ University Lecturer/ Professors are eligible to get PR.
The link for SOL List is mentioned Below :-
The link for CSOL List is mentioned Below :-
They all will get PR, if they satisfy the following conditions :
1. Experience of 3- 4 years in their trade.
2. In IELTS/ PTE, at least 6 bands in General for trade persons, 7 Bands in each module in Academic for Accountants/ Nurses/Doctors etc. Age should be between 22- 50 years.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As being a Member of MARA, We are bound by the code of Conduct of MARA. The link for the same is mentioned below:-
Australian High Commission
1/50 G, Shanti Path
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
Disclaimer : We have provided the details according to the best of our knowledge and prevailing norms in the country, which are subject to changes from time to time. For more detailed information, Please click on link.